Welcome to the second issue of Monkeyshines! If you’d like a paper copy of our summer issue, send an email to [email protected]. This issue is also available as a PDF to download. The PDF is fairly big, so don’t download it on cellular, unless you have an unlimited plan.
In this issue we have double the reviews 🥰, but no turtles 😞. Still, we have our Oracle and great fiction and poetry. The artwork and photography, as we’ve established in our first issue, is top-notch. We hope you enjoy this issue, and consider submitting something that shows your creativity for the autumn issue!
Our awesome group of contributors can be found under the masthead.
In this issue:
Photos, Paintings, Projects
- “Menandor”, cover art by PLUGO
- “Hotel Diablo”, digital painting by NeoVenom
- “Shake With Me, Quake With Me”, multimedia presentation by Tobias Hobbes
- A photo by Racheal Halupa
- “Hope”, drawing by Donald Swenson
- “El gato largo en el espacio”, photo by Katherine R
- “Color Blind”, painting by Christopher Fahey
- Spice drawers and grinder, woodwork, staining, and painting by Wally and Deb
Writings & Reviews
- “Darkness Rising”, serialized short story, part 1, by Estelle Clark
- “Abduction”, short story by Morgan Bissell
- “The Box”, poetry by Donald Swenson
- “dukkha”, poetry by Rich Fantasia
- JP’s Hot Source, reviews by JP Hooper
- Letterboxd with Thom, reviews by Thom Becker
- “The Kingdom”, short, descriptive nonfiction by Jonathan Russell
- Summer Animal Oracle, oracle reading from Painted Birch
- “The Vacuum, Usage and Precautions.”, transcription of image found in the wilds of the ’net