Welcome to the second issue of Monkeyshines! If you’d like a paper copy of our Summer 2021 issue, send an email to [email protected]. This issue is also available as a PDF to download. The PDF is fairly big, so don’t download it on cellular, unless you have an unlimited plan.
In this issue we have double the reviews 🥰, but no turtles 😞. Still, we have our Oracle and great fiction and poetry. The artwork and photography, as we’ve established in our first issue, is top-notch. We hope you enjoy this issue, and consider submitting something that shows your creativity for a future issue!
Our awesome group of contributors can be found under Summer’s masthead.
In this issue:
Photos, Paintings, Projects
- “Menandor”, cover art by PLUGO
- “Hotel Diablo”, digital painting by NeoVenom
- “Shake With Me, Quake With Me”, multimedia presentation by Tobias Hobbes
- A photo by Racheal Halupa
- “Hope”, drawing by Donald Swenson
- “El gato largo en el espacio”, photo by Katherine R
- “Color Blind”, painting by Christopher Fahey
- Spice drawers and grinder, woodwork, staining, and painting by Wally and Deb
Writings & Reviews
- “Darkness Rising”, serialized short story, part 1, by Estelle Clark
- “Abduction”, short story by Morgan Bissell
- “The Box”, poetry by Donald Swenson
- “dukkha”, poetry by Rich Fantasia
- JP’s Hot Source, reviews by JP Hooper
- Letterboxd with Thom, reviews by Thom Becker
- “The Kingdom”, short, descriptive nonfiction by Jonathan Russell
- Summer Animal Oracle, oracle reading from Painted Birch
- “The Vacuum, Usage and Precautions.”, transcription of image found in the wilds of the ’net