Winter’s bite is upon us, and our first issue of the new year delivers the malicious Krampus to your mailbox. Inside there is some comfort, some mysteries,a bit of danger, and a whole lot of talent. It’s 2022! Our pool of contributors continues to grow, which is fantastic and most welcome!
Along with those first-timers, we have the conclusion to the serialized story from Estelle Clark, and we’re deeply grateful for her dedication and hard work. PLUGO continues his run of covers with an original painting first published in this very issue! We’re also giving him a special spread announcing the Kickstarter for his graphic novel, A Tiger’s Tale.
We have printed issues to send to you, too, if you’re not on our mailing list. Free! No shipping or handling costs, no funny business, just pure Monkeyshines delivered to your mailbox.
Information about our awesome group of contributors can be found under the masthead.
In this issue:
A Very Special
Tales as Cold as Time
- “Poisoned Souls,” short story by Catherine Baker
- “Darkness Rising,” part 3 of a 3-part serial, by Estelle Clark
- Winter Animal Oracle, seasonal divination by Painted Birch
- “The Astronaut,” poem by Alan Semerdjian
From the Bowels of Heck
- “Krampus,” cover art by PLUGO
- “Hot and Fresh and Undead,” drawing by Tobias Hobbes
- “A Bug,” photo by Dan Love
- “The Doorway,” digital painting by pthelo, created using Zeotrope 5.5 AI by ai_curio
The Big Chill
- “Matter,” painting by Christopher Fahey
- “In the Deep,” drawing by Scott Grimando
- “Yield 37,” illustration by Thomas Benincase
- “Eye of the Storm,” photo by Alexa Goldstein