Spooky season has begun, but don’t be scared by the Autumn issue. Sure, there’s skulls and haunted memories, and warnings that your values may be put to the test, and gods that punish the weak, and goblins and cloven hooves and horns and… okay, we guess this issue is a bit scary, but we think this is a fantastic issue all together.
We have printed issues to send to you, too, if you’re not on our mailing list. Free! No shipping or handling costs, no funny business, just pure Monkeyshines delivered to your mailbox.
Our awesome group of contributors can be found under the masthead.
In this issue:
- Cover image, “THAT LONG AWAITED COLLABORATION” (detail), by PLUGO, photographed by Donovan Rittenbach
- Photo (dandelion), by Racheal Halupa
- Photo (apple), by Alexa Goldstein
- “Ollie Reading with Magic Hat,”, photo by pthelo
- “STL,” score by Mitch Marcus, with video by PLUGO
The Break Out
- “All Hallows Eve,” poem by Jennifer Rasmussen
- “October,” poem by L.B.
- “Newt Defending a Chair Face,” pen drawing by Chuk Baldock
- “Solar Eclipse,” poem by Alexa Goldstein
- “Toothless Grin,” poem by A. Page
- Autumn Animal Oracle, by Painted Birch
- “Baby Laika”, pen drawing by Tobias Hobbes
- “Citywash,”, painting by Morgan Bissell
- “Skirt”, digital painting by NeoVen0m
- “Technicolor Chrysanthemum,”, acrylic and digital painting by Chris Fahey
One Away from a Hat Trick
- “Darkness Rising,” part 2, by Estelle Clark
- “Candlelight,” digital painting by Melissa Barrett
- “Song XXVIII”, a poem, and “Jinx”, a vector drawing, by Jonathan Russell